Monday, August 9, 2010

Family Gatherings Bring the Laughter

My grandfather's 80th birthday is this week so my parents had a nice little get together at their house. Dad grilled up some delicious treats and though we were minus little sister, we were plus an uncle and cousin. It's crazy to me how the time flies. My little sister is now almost 21 and my youngest cousin is taller than me. Boggles my mind! The funny thing to me is now that we are all older, my grandmother just lets the risque jokes fly. Last night, I must say, was the first time I've laughed that hard in a while. It was full of "that's what she said" jokes and there were times when we were all in shock at the words blurted out by my grandmother. Light hearted absurdity... that's what any Jones get-together is. I'm quickly learning to savor all of these moments as I know they won't last forever. I think in general I'm learning to savor my time here, focus less on the negative, stress, and anxiety and just live.

No comments: